Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information AiCare may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect
- When you create an AiPortal User ID, purchase a product, download a software update, register for a training seminar with AiCare, connect to our services, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information and credit card information.
- When you share your content with family and friends using AiCare products, invite others to participate in AiCare services or discussions, AiCare may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. AiCare will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
- In certain jurisdictions, we may ask for a government issued ID in limited circumstances including when setting up a user account and activating your AiCare device, for the purpose of rendering services as required by law.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on AiCare’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes. We may also use your personal information for account and network security purposes, including in order to protect our services for the benefit of all our users. Where we use your information for anti-fraud purposes it arises from the conduct of an online transaction with us. We limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services. For certain online transactions we may also validate the information provided by you with publicly accessible sources.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of AiPortal ID account holders.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve AiCare’s products, services, and customer communications.
Source of your personal information where they are not collected from you
We may have received your personal information from other persons if that person has shared their content with you using AiCare products. We may also validate the information provided by you when creating an AiPortal ID with a third party for security and fraud prevention purposes.
For research and development purposes, we may use datasets such as those that contain images, voices or other data that could be associated with an identifiable person. When acquiring such datasets, we do so in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the dataset is hosted. When using such datasets for research and development, we do not attempt to re-identify individuals who may appear therein.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where an AiCare product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps.
- If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
If you want to disable cookies and you’re using a web browser, go to the browser’s preferences and then to the privacy pane to manage your preferences. On your mobile device, go to Settings, to manage your preferences. Please note that certain features of the AiPortal website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. AiCare may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Protection of Personal Information
AiCare takes the security of your personal information very seriously. AiCare online services such as the AiPortal protects your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by AiCare, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to AiCare employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
When a privacy question or question about personal information received in response to an access/download request is received we have a dedicated team which triages the contacts and seeks to address the specific concern or query which you are seeking to raise. Where your issue may be more substantive in nature, more information may be sought from you. All such substantive contacts receive a response. If you are unsatisfied with the reply received, you may refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction. If you ask us, we will endeavor to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.
AiCare Corp. 4260 Fortran Drive, Suite 206, San Jose, CA, 95134