Your Explicit Consent to Processing and Storing Your Personal Information
Collection, Storage, and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that pertains to a single, natural person, and that ,may be used to identify or contact the single, natural person.
The Company may also collect certain types of information (hereinafter “automatic information”) when you interact with us. For example, like many other Web sites, the Company may use “cookies” and obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses the Website of the Company or other Web sites. The Company also provides mobile app(s) that may also be used on mobile communication devices to facilitate your use and enjoyment of the product(s) and/or service(s) provided by the Company. When you download or use such mobile app(s) created by the Company, we may receive information about your location and your mobile communication device, including, for example, a unique identifier for your mobile communication device. The Company may use this information to provide you or others with, for example, location-based services and/or personalized contents, services, etc. Most mobile communication devices allow, however, users to turn off location services. If you choose to turn off your location services you might not be able to fully enjoy the advantages and benefits of the product(s) and/or service(s) that the Company provides. The Company may also receive information about you from other sources, associate such information with you, and store such information.
Here are some non-limiting examples of some types of personal information that the Company may collect and store as well as how the Company may use it:
A. What personal information we collect
- When you create an AiPortal User ID, purchase a product, download a software update, register for a training seminar with AiCare, connect to our services, contact us or participate in an online survey, etc., the Company may collect a variety of information, including, for example, your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information, and credit card or other payment account information.
- When you share your content with others using AiCare products or services, invite others to participate in using the products and/or services provided by the Company or in discussions, the Company may collect the information you provide about these other people such as name(s), mailing address(es), email address(es), phone number(s), etc. The Company will use such information to, for example, fulfill your requests or inquiries, provide or recommend relevant product(s) or service(s), or for anti-fraud purposes, etc.
- In certain jurisdictions, the Company may ask for a government issued ID in certain circumstances including, for example, when setting up a user account and activating your AiCare product(s), for the purpose of rendering services as required by law.
B. How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you informed of the Company’s latest announcements for the product(s) and service(s), software updates, upcoming events, etc.
- The Company also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, and/or content and advertising, etc. as well as for purposes such as loss prevention and anti-fraud. The Company may also use your personal information for purposes such as account and network security purposes in order to protect our products and/or services for the benefit of all our users. The Company limits the use of such personal information for anti-fraud and/or loss-prevention purposes to the scenarios that are strictly necessary and within our reasonably assessed legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services. For certain online transactions, the Company may also validate the information provided by you with publicly accessible sources.
- The Company may use your personal information (e.g., date of birth) to verify identity, to assist with identification of users, and/or to determine appropriate services. For example, the Company may use date of birth to determine the age of AiPortal ID account holders.
- The Company may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and/or research to improve the Company’s products, services, and customer communications.
C. Source of your personal information where they are not collected from you
The Company may have received your personal information from other sources if such other sources have shared their content with you using the products and/or services provided by the Company. The Company may also validate the information provided by you when creating an AiPortal ID with a third party for purposes such as security and fraud prevention.
For research and development purposes, the Company may use datasets such as those that contain images, voices, or other data that could be associated with an identifiable person. When acquiring such datasets, the Company does so in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the dataset is hosted. When using such datasets for research and development, the Company does not attempt to re-identify individuals who may associated with data therein.
D. Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
The Company also collects and stores data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. The Company may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some non-limiting examples of non-personal information that the Company may collect and how the Company may use such non-personal information:
- The Company may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where an AiCare product is used, etc. so that the Company may better understand customer behavior and improve the products, services, and advertising provided by the Company.
- With your explicit consent, the Company may collect data about how you use the product(s) and/or service(s) provided by the Company in order to help developers of the Company improve such the products and/or services provided by the Company.
- If the Company does combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
E. Cookies and Other Technologies
If you want to disable cookies in a Web browser, please go to the respective browser’s preferences or settings to manage your cookie preferences. On your mobile device, you may go to Settings, to manage your preferences. Please note that if you choose to disable cookies you may not be able to enjoy the full advantages and benefits provided by the Company, and that certain features of the AiPortal website may not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true of most Internet services, the Company gathers some information automatically and stores such information in, for example, log files. This information includes, for example, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, information pertaining to Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit Websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data, etc.
The Company may use this automatically gathered information to, for example, understand and analyze trends, to administer the Website(s), to learn about user behavior on the Website(s), to improve the products and services provided by the Company, and to gather demographic information about our user base. The Company may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and pixel tags also tell us whether mail has been opened. The Company may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
F. Protection of Personal Information
The Company takes the security of your personal information very seriously. AiCare online services such as the AiPortal protect your personal information during transit using encryption mechanisms such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When the Company stores your personal data, the Company uses computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures.
G. Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
H. Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
When a privacy question or question about personal information pertaining to a request such as an access request or a download request is received, the Company employs a team which triages the contacts and seeks to address the specific concern or inquiry in such a question. In some situations where your issue may be more substantive in nature, the Company may seek more information from you in order to properly respond to such substantive issues. If you are somehow unsatisfied with the response, you may file your complaint with the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction. If you contact us for such relevant regulator, we will endeavor to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.
AiCare Corp. 4260 Fortran Drive, Suite 206, San Jose, CA, 95134